What is 'Zaterdagmiddagmuziek'?Every Saturday at 15:30 you can enjoy a concert in the Domkerk in Utrecht. Entrance is free with a retiring collection.
You will hear vocal and instrumental music:
• from the late renaissance to contemporary music;
• by well-known, lesser known and unknown composers;
• soloists and ensembles of various sizes;
• professional and amateur musicians;
• tuned to the age-old church calendar
The concerts are characterised by their high quality and approachability.The music is especially suited to the impressive, monumental atmosphere of the Domkerk.
Zaterdagmiddagmuziek offers an hour of peace in the heart of the lively city of Utrecht. It is a service offered by the Domkerk to the city and its surroundings. Since the series started in 1971, more than 2,000 concerts have drawn hundreds of people each week. Each year, over 12,000 music lovers enjoy 'Zaterdagmiddagmuziek'.